Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Save The Horses

Positively amazing! Did you hear about the horses that were trapped for 3 days on a tiny piece of land in wind and rain in the Netherlands last month? (October-November 2006)

It had the nation mesmerized, watching about 100 horses huddle against the wind and watching 18 of them die. First firemen, then the Dutch army tried to rescue them, both unsuccessfully.

Four women on horseback rode out to the rescue. Here's a video of it.....

THE SOUND BEGINS ABOUT 58 SECONDS AFTER THE START.....

click here:

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-4584913278289860160

I still do not know how to post stuff like you professionals. You may just have to cut and past the above url.

Sorry.

10 comments:

Biddie said...

Crap. I don't know how to cut and paste, either. I'll give it another try....

Biddie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJ Andi said...

That's amazing. What a story. I love things like that. Animals are so defenseless and I love happy endings. Kudos to the women who rode out there to save the horses. Love it!

Pamela said...

the horses

Pamela said...

you can probably copy and paste my link from the above comment and replace it.

I only know a teeny bit about HTML... just enough to get myself into trouble
The video made me cry ....

katy said...

it made me cry too and thanks for the link pamela, just glad that the rest of the horses made it

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was great. I watched the whole thing. I hadn't heard about this incident. It was wonderful!

Jen said...

I hadn't heard of that
that was Amazing!

thanks for posting it

GrizzBabe said...

Leave it to a bunch of women to save the day! ;)

Old Lady said...

You are such a marshmallow! You old softie.