Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What You Never Wanted To Know About Me

I stole this ditty from Marni over at it’s a pugs life, and she stole it from Amy over at mish mash. So I thought I would give it a try, too.

1. Who was your best friend (in high school)? I didn’t have a best friend, just some guys that I hung out with.
2. What sports did you play? I was a bench warmer in football and baseball because my brothers made me.
3. What kind of car did you drive? My brother’s ’55 Chevy.
4. Its Friday night, where were you? Sock hop after the football games in the gym or home watching TV.
5. Were you a party animal? No! I just watched.
6. Were you in the “In Crowd”? No! The only crowd I was ever in was when I went to the snack bar at the drive-in.
7. Ever skip school? Sure!
8. Ever smoke? Not in high school or the service. I started when I was twenty-five. I quit over 15 years ago.
9. Were you a nerd? I wasn’t smart enough to be considered a nerd. I was more a jerk.
10. Did you get suspended or expelled? Oh, Yeah!
11. Can you sing the alma mater? Yes, but not on key. I do cover my heart, though.
12. Who was your favorite teacher? That is an oxymoron. My favorite teachers from high school now are the ones that are dead.
13. Favorite class? Study hall! Except for memorizing the dates, I really liked history.
14. What was your school’s full name? West Fulton High
15. School mascot? Owl! It should have been a beer bottle, but the establishment didn’t like the idea.
16. Did you go to Prom? Yes! For the life of me I cannot remember her name. She was a real cute redhead who was so nervous and scarred that she shook anytime we tried to dance. I say “tried” because I couldn’t dance. I took her home immediately after the dance and didn’t even kiss her goodnight. It wasn’t her. It was me. I was so shy and embarrassed that I had to put her out of her misery. I would love to see her again and apologize. I’m sure she is a better person now and not traumatized by my ineptness.
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Hell NO!!!
18. What do you remember most about graduation? Being hot in the robes and having to listen to all the speeches, and not really believing it until I got my diploma in my hands. I didn’t really think I would make it.
19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year? I don’t have a lot of good memories of high school.
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? I don’t know what that is. The only wall I was ever posted on was a line-up.
21. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes! I worked at Dairy Queen/ Braizer and at the Georgia Tech football games hawking Cokes in the stands and selling hotdogs at the Atlanta Crackers baseball games.
22. Who did you date? I didn’t! I did hang with the kids at church and we went out as a group. I had a few crushes on a couple of girls, but I never told them.
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? Cafeteria! There was a place called the Teddy Bear Grill across the street from the school which was off-limits. I had a few lunches there. We call it the Bugger Bear Grill because of all the fights that occurred there.
24. Have you gained weight since then? God yes. Back then I was 6’4’ and 170 lbs. with a 28” waist. I had to jump around in a shower to get wet. I could stand under a clothes line in a rain storm and stay dry. I was skinny.
25. What did you do after graduation? Went to Florida and ended up in jail for doing 95 mph through a 15 mph school zone. I went home and joined the Navy.

2 comments:

GrizzBabe said...

You had a much more interesting high school life than I did. If I did one of these posts, my readers would be bored to tears. Good job!

Coffeypot said...

grizzababe: Nothing anyone does or have done is boaring to me. My life is boaring - yours is very interesting for what you didn't do as well as what you did. Let me hear (read) it. Go on! I dare you!