Tuesday, May 04, 2010

T-Shirt and Oil Lamp

In my last post I told you that I went to the Museum in Forest Park while in St. Louis. I was in the mood to do some dorky stuff.

Well I saw this T-Shirt.

I had to get it for Judy. I would not be surprised to see her in the history books one day. She is a brilliant woman with a very high IQ. Very smart lady - She married me didn't she? Very Smart.

Then, when I got home I had this little ditty waiting on me.

For you less educated and worldly people (ya know, Democrats) it is a miniature oil lamp.

This is another picture to show you just how small it is.


It is a gift sent to me by one of my milsupport people. She is in the Air Force and is over there playing in the sand right now. But she took the time to find and send me a gift. Cool huh? And a very sweet postcard, too.

But it is defective. I have rubbed that little bastard for hours and not one genie has popped out. It’s so small I thought maybe a midget genie, but nothing.

Anyblisters, I guess the Afghanies use one this small for a night light. Don’t know for sure. But it makes sense to me.

Yeah, yeah! I said Judy was smart. I never claimed to be. Just hicky bate. That’s all.

But I do appreciate the little gift from so far away. We have some really cool people working for us over there - and at home - and on & under the sea - and in the air - and they all are doing it for us.

God bless America

7 comments:

Unknown said...

good morning! love the tee shirt! the oil lamp is a lovely gift from quite a special airman! I'm always amazed when they thank US!
Make it a good day!
~AM

MrsBlogAlot said...

That T-shirts is one of my favorite quotes of all time!

And that's an awesome gift.

Ed said...

Dude, I didn't know you got the same shirt for your wife that I got for my old lady.

That genie lamp is awesome too.

Ducky said...

Hickey bait?

Yes, dear dear man, I can see how that would be!

The genie lamp is uber cool. If one should pop out eventually, I would beg, plead, bribe for one of your three wishes....

Coffeypot said...

AM, that is what makes them so special...that they take the time to thank us just for sending some books or nuts or stuff. Gotta love'em.

Mrsblogalot, I thought it was both funny and true...but it is also true for men, too. One has to go beyond the envelope to make a difference.

Ed, dude, we swabbies think alike...and that’s scary.

Daffy, it's true. If I let my guard down to the women (and a few cute men) I would have so many hickies that I would look like I was suffering from radioactive poising. And I'll share my wishes with you might even combine one between us. Ya know...wishing for world peace.

Olly said...

I love the T-Shirt. Another good one I saw recently said "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life".

Momma Fargo said...

Love, love the t-shirt! And by the way...I'm holding your genie hostage...and he's no midget. One million and he's yours. :)