Sorry! I'm late with my Monday Redneck Post.
As perfect a specimen as you believe I am, I do have days that are less healthy than others.
I went to bed early last night with a very soar throat and a softball between my eyes - behind my nose. However, with beaucoup drugs and twelve or so hours sleep, I do feel better this morning. So here is my Monday post (I can just hear the whistles and clapping and yelling all the way over here - Thanks, Peeps.)
Besides, this is an important post.
You have been given a shit-pot full of definitions to learn in the past few months, now it’s time to learn ya what manners are to us’en. Pay attention, now, and take notes. Ya never know when I might spring a pot quiz on ya.
So, without further ado (what is an ado anyway?):
(I got this pic from Google and the below did not come from Dr. Edstrom, Esq.)
(But ya might ought to read it cus it will help ya - and it might have pictures, too.)
* Redneck "Book of Manners" *
1. Never take a beer to a job interview.
2. Always identify people in your yard before shooting at them.
3. Its considered poor taste to take a cooler to church.
4. If you have to vacuum the bed, it is time to change the sheets.
5. Even if you're certain that you are included in the will, it is still considered tacky to drive a U-Haul to the funeral home.
**** DINING OUT ****
1. If drinking directly from the bottle, always hold it with your fingers covering the label.
2. Avoid throwing bones and food scraps on the floor as the restaurant may not have dogs.
**** ENTERTAINING IN YOUR HOME ****
1. A centerpiece for the table should never be anything prepared by a taxidermist.
2. Do not allow the dog to eat at the table no matter how good his manners are.
**** PERSONAL HYGIENE ****
1. While ears need to be cleaned regularly, this is a job that should be done in private using one's OWN truck keys.
2. Proper use of toiletries can forestall bathing for several days; however, if you live alone, deodorant is a waste of good money.
3. Dirt and grease under the fingernails is a social no-no, as they tend to detract from a woman's jewelry and alter the taste of finger foods.
**** DATING (Outside the Family) ****
1. Always offer to bait your date's hook, especially on the first date.
2. Be aggressive. Let her know you're interested: "I've been wanting to go out with you since I read that stuff on the bathroom wall two years ago."
3. Establish with her parents what time she is expected back. Some will say 10:00 PM; others might say "Monday." If the latter is the answer, it is the man's responsibility to get her to school on time.
4. Always have a positive comment about your date's appearance, such as, "Ya sure don't sweat much for a fat broad."
**** WEDDINGS ****
1. Livestock, usually, is a poor choice for a wedding gift.
2. Kissing the bride for more than 5 seconds may get you shot.
3. For the groom, at least, rent a tux. A leisure suit with cummerbund and a clean bowling shirt can create too sporty an appearance.
4. Though uncomfortable, say "yes" to socks and shoes for this special occasion.
5. It is not appropriate to tell the groom how good his wife is in the sack.
**** DRIVING ETIQUETTE ****
1. Dim your headlights for approaching vehicles; even if the gun is loaded, and the deer is in sight.
2. When approaching a four-way stop, the vehicle with the largest tires always has the right of way.
3. Never tow another car using panty hose and duct tape.
4. When sending your wife down the road with a gas can, it is impolite to ask her to bring back beer.
5. Never relieve yourself from a moving vehicle, especially when driving.
6. Do not lay rubber while traveling in a funeral procession.
I have to thank my highschool pal, Nancy, for sending me these. She is a devout Redneck, too. But she has all her toofies. She bought a whole new set last week.
Refreshed… - Well, no deer again this trip… Sigh… Not for lack of trying, but when the winds get up, the deer lay down. Didn’t even see any squirrels, heard quite a f...
1 hour ago