Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Cuchoo Clock



The other night I was invited out for a night with 'the boys'.  I told Judy that I would be home by midnight.  I promise!

Well, the hours passed and the beer and Jack (Boilermakers) went down way too easily and before I knew it, the time said 3 a.m.  So, a bit loaded, I headed for home.

Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hallway started up and cuckooed 3 times.

Quickly, realizing Judy would probably wake up, I cuckooed another9 times.

I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution in order to escape a possible conflict with her.  (Even when totally smashed I knew that 3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos totals = 12 cuckoos = MIDNIGHT!)

The next morning Judy asked me what time I got in.  I told her 'MIDNIGHT.'  Gladly, she didn't seem upset in the least.  Whew, I got away with that one!  Silly me!

Because she said, 'We need a new cuckoo clock.'

When I asked her why, she said, 'Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, then said 'Oh Fuck,‘ cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another three times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the coffee table and farted.'

Ya know, after three nights sleeping on the couch it began to get comfortable. That’s a good thing because I may not get to sleep in my own bed ever again.
.

5 comments:

myevil3yearold said...

You men. You can never outsmart us! We are you going to learn?

Mike Golch said...

that's why I don't go out drinking. come to think of it that's why I don't drink.

J-Tony said...

That's hilarious...thanks

Unknown said...

too funny!
~AM

Anonymous said...

Joe was walking in the door when I busted out laughing. He said "WHAT?" I answered: "Nevermind. It loses something in the translation."

But I'm sending him the address to your post.

If this wasn't a very, very good joke, I'd swear it's something you'd actually do. Especially the "Oh F**K" part.