Well, it’s that time again. The second time in less than a month…this after not transporting for almost a year.
But, alas, this might me my last trip. The shelter’s I was delivering to in New York have changed some rules that we cannot work with.
The first one, the one who would take all the puppies we could send, decided to not accept the mothers anymore. This was one of the conditions Dr. Amber and Faithful Companion Susan insisted upon. There were also a few other things they decided they didn’t want to comply with, so for the good of the animals, we stopped transporting there. It’s a shame, too. But when you have air-heads running something that they know nothing about…well…
The one I am delivering to today have changed their receiving rules. They want us to quarantine the animals for three weeks before transport. We cannot afford to feed the dogs for that long. They are usually sent up within a week of being spayed or neutered. They are health and ready for a ‘forever home.’ Dr. Amber has pulled dogs from the list because they were not 100% health for transport. They would make the next trip.
It’s a shame, too. A couple of weeks ago I delivered 15 grown dogs on Monday morning and they were all adopted by Thursday. The folks in New York are begging for good dogs. Hopefully they will revise their requirements. But they have a new vet working there and he/she/whatever has their own rules.
So Dr. Amber and Faithful Companion Susan are looking for other no-kill shelters to help save a few animals. Keep your fingers crossed.
If I am able to stay awake tomorrow night, I’ll be nude blogging from the motel. Otherwise, I’ll see y’all Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.