Saturday, July 12, 2014

Blogger Fun In Roswell GA















I had the awesome chance to meet up with some great ex-Navy guys and one former RAF pilot today in Roswell, GA.  Broepatch called us the Secret Squirrels. (I don’t know why – I’m new to the group.)

We met at Mac McGee's Irish Pub in Roswell, GA.
In the rear: Charles, Broepatch, OldNFO and An Englishman in Dixie.  All great bloggers and way above my caliber.   They like to shoot, too.  Guns and ammo was a great topic (though I was lost most of the time.)

In front: Me - Studley Hungwell.

Good food, good ale, good conversation, many laughs, but just not long enough.

We are going to try it again in about 90 days… hopefully OldNFO will be stateside long enough to attend.

Thanks for the good time, guys.


11 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Oh, what a handsome group! So glad you got to meet up with some cronies. Bravo! Thank you for your service!

Coffeypot said...

Not me. Thank those guys behind me. They did all the fun, hard shit.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the opportunity to meet everyone - especially the Bloggers that I have read and enjoyed so much, such as BorePatch and OldNFO! And the very best part was telling and hearing sea stories! Enjoyed chatting with you Coffeypot - I will be following your blog, hope your shipmates names make it onto the VietNam Memorial wall!

Charles

Coffeypot said...

Same here, Charles. Thanks for a great afternoon.

Old NFO said...

Truly enjoyed it sir! :-) And you gave as good as you got... :-)

Differ said...

Ditto the above...what a great group...will stay longer next time.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey y'all

I will try to make the next one...

lotta joy said...

Are you sure it wasn't BOREPATCH and not BROEPATCH? When I visit I'll be sure and bring my pistols and we can have some target practice. You look like a shooter to me.

Coffeypot said...

OldNFO, Thank you, Sir.
Differ, I hope so, too.
MrG, try hard. It was a blast.
LJ, that is the way he spells it...BOREPATCH, it must have something to do with the bore of a gun...

Furry Bottoms said...

Am I the only one who noticed what you called yourself?

Coffeypot said...

FB, I have used that moniker many times, but no one believes me (I guess they talked to Judy.)