Wednesday, March 30, 2016

VV Day 2016


















Today, March 30th, is Vietnam Veterans Day in Georgia. 

Some states celebrate 29 March as their welcome home date.  And some (AR, HI, KY, MI, MS, NE, NV, UT, WY) do not even recognize the date at all.  Hell, even Puerto Rico celebrates the day on 30 March since 2009.  And what's with Hawaii?  Many vets spent R&R there with their girlfriends, wives and family.  Take the money but stay PC.

It has been 44 years since we (the US) pulled out of that beautiful shit-hole of a country.  Over fifty eight thousand young lives lost because LBJ and Congress didn’t have any balls, yet our men and women fought bravely and honorably only to come home to ridicule, though I have yet to meet a man who was actually spit on – not to say it didn’t happen.  Just not as often as the public seems to thing.  They did get dirty looks and some comments, but no spitting.  And the worst only came if there was a demonstration outside the airport, which rarely happened.

But no matter which day the states choose, every day is Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day for me.  Especially for the 299 survivors of the USS Frank E Evans.

Thanks, guys, and welcome home.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

judging from Iraq and Afghanistan we haven't learned a damn thing! Still farting around being all political while good men die! Pisses me off!

Momma Fargo said...

Nice post, Coffey! I feel for all of them and thank you for your service. Lots of love from me to all Vietnam Vets!

Janie Junebug said...

For me, The Wall is the saddest place in the world.

Love,
Janie

Jason and Michelle said...

The veterans cemetery by my parents house had a huge ceremony. it was packed.

Rita said...

Hey Coffey. Just a heads up. When you see a Facebook request from someone that's not it, it's really me. Sent you a message and a request because after all you are Bob's twin brother once removed. Initials will be AB. Don't ask me why I'm incognito on FB yet not on my blog. Makes no sense to me either.

Coffeypot said...

Done, Rita. The mystery continues.

Old NFO said...

Amen...

Mike Golch said...

Amen and Welcome Home one and all,especially the survivors of the USS Frank E Evans (DD 754).