Monday, September 28, 2009

Birthday Present

Some of you know that Sunday was my birthday. I don't talk or post about it because it is nothing but just another day to me. Since I overheard my mom tell a buch of old biddies at the church one day that I was a mistake, well, there isn't much reason to celebrate. I never had a birtday part growing up, in fact I never had a birthday party until my 30 birthday. And I came in around midnight (I was going to night school at GA State Univ at the time,) told everyone thank you and went to bed.

So no one in the famiy gives me presents most of the time. We usually use any funds for presents to go to my Navy reunion, which takes place arund this time every year. However, since there was no reunion this year, my wife did two things that was pretty cool. She and the grandkids took me to a Blue Grass Festivle in the mountains of Blairsville, GA. The the other was, I got this book.

This is my favorie all time book. There have been very few books I have read over and over, and this is one. Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, by the late, great Dee Brown, was first read back in the late 60's. It has been revised some, and now in hardback. Very cool for me. Especially since it has pictures.

And as soon as I figure out how to find them, I will post the pitures of the festival.

No comments: