Sunday, January 24, 2010

Time To A Marine


There is this blog that was pointed out to me on twitter that had a good message. The blog is CPL USMC, 81-85, Wally Beddoe‘s USMC81 and the post was put up back in 2007. I asked him for permission to post his picture and the post and he readily agreed.

I haven’t been following his blog, but that will be rectified as of today.

Time is a relative thing meaning and measured in many ways by different people. Here is his interpretation of time to a Marine. Although these time frames will be just as relevant to any Army, Navy, Air Force, National Guardsman, I have left it as Wally wrote it. Thanks to you all for being there for us.

To realize the value of ONE YEAR,
ask any Marine who served in Vietnam.

To realize the value of ONE MONTH,
ask any family who lost a Marine 30 days before rotation home.

To realize the value of ONE WEEK,
ask any Marine how fast R&R flew by.

To realize the value of ONE DAY,
ask any Marine who missed being eligible for promotion by one day.

To realize the value of ONE HOUR,
ask any Marine in a hot LZ to wait that long for air support.

To realize the value of ONE MINUTE,
ask any Marine what his buddy was doing before he was hit.

To realize the value of ONE SECOND,
ask any Marine who was in Vietnam how long it would have taken for him to pack and be on the next flight home.

To realize the value of ONE MILLI-SECOND,
ask any Marine if he's proud to have been a Marine.


Semper Fi, Devil Dogs!

8 comments:

CI-Roller Dude said...

We learn the value of one roll...as in one roll of toliet paper for 20 soldiers.

(the Iraqis just wiped their ass with their hand)

Coffeypot said...

Dude, if I’m not mistaken, they always used the left hand and that hand is considered dirty. As in you would never pat a guy on the back with your left hand. So when Saddam Hussein had people’s hands cut off, the right hand was the one lost, doubling the punishment.

Anonymous said...

That is so good!

Christine said...

Wow, CP is that true?

K-Dubyah said...

Not only is this applicable to all of Our Guys, but I think to their families as well.

Great job, John and USMC81. :)

Golden To Silver Val said...

I posted the solution to your following icon problem on the previous post. Sorry I didn't answer that one before. Good Luck

I'd heard that about the hand before. I guess since I've heard it again, it must be true.

Have a great Sunday CP. And you know how I feel toward all our guys and gals in the armed forces....they are all tops with me and my family.

CI-Roller Dude said...

well, if you want Iraqiasswiping cut off hand stories...I guess I can do a post on that later...it's a shitty subject...and hell, I might loose a few readers...

Coffeypot said...

Christine, as I said, time is relevant. This is true to him. Others have their truth of time. So, I think, yes it is true.

KY Woman, time is a whole different animal to the families.

Val, thanks.

Dude, post away.