Saturday, January 23, 2010

Help Out A Brother, Will Ya?


Peeps, can any of you out there help out a techno-challenged old man with his blogging needs?

I noticed that I lost two followers. One I know about. She had overdosed on Coffey and his humor - or lack there of and his crudeness. I’m not upset. She has her own set of standards and proclivities, so I wish her the best in her blogging activities, though I will miss her uniqueness and humor. I know that I’m not for everyone (probably anyone) though. Nuf said!

The other one, I’m not so sure who it was. All my favorite peeps are still there, so, evidently that one wasn’t one I visited much anyway. Again, I wish that person a long, successful blogging life.

But I got to wondering about how they do that. How do the remove themselves from a blog roll. There are some people who never made it to my peeps level, yet I am still in their follower roll. I know having a huge follower role is important to some people, but not me. We all have our needs, wants and desires. Mine is to just enjoy those who interest me, makes me laugh and restores my faith in the American people. The whole world doesn’t have to read my stuff.

So my question is, how do you delete or remove an icon from someone’s blog follower roll? I tried white-out. Don’t be fooled, peeps, that shit dosen’t work on everything.

So, if any of your techno-nerds (people…peeps) know how, please give a brother a hint.

And while I’m asking, how do you draw a line through a word or phrase, like some of you do, in blogger?

And finally, Miss Em and Ashley, please drop me an email.

Thanks!
.
.

14 comments:

CI-Roller Dude said...

Dude,
You need to get a part time job...and not fucking worry about shit like that.
my next posting is going to make most people really happy and other get ill...

Coffeypot said...

I know!

I'm looking forward to your next post, too. I mostly wondered it you tapped her, though.

Patricia said...

hey...
to delete
click on manage at the very bottom of your blogroll in blogger
go to the blog that you would like to delete and then hit settings
when in settings hit stop following this site

as for strike throughs... all you do is: highlight the word and then click on the ABC with the line through it...

oh and the hubby and i enjoy your blog... the hubby sometimes MUCH more than i but still it is FUN!!!

need more help with the blog stuff, email me!

Mike Golch said...

maybe you said something that pushed the wrong buttons.I believe every one has the right to say what they want on their blog.That being said there are going to followers comming and going.as the song says,"roll with it baby"

anon said...

Whaddaya mean, white-out doesn'twork for everything?

Phhht, does so.

Golden To Silver Val said...

The only way I know how to do the strike-through is like so:
Use < no space then type an s, no space then type > at the beginning of where you'd like the strike-through to begin and at the end type < no space and a / no space then s then >. (s meaning strike-through and the / means to end it. The <> signs designate it as html code. I don't know anything about html code so don't ask. I tried to type you an exact example but blogger won't let me put it into the comment section, stating that html code is not accepted in comments. To preview what you've done, make sure you're looking at it in html, which is one of the tabs on the compose area in blogger. You can press the preview button to see what it will look like when posted. Play with it and you'll get the hang of it. YOUR POST....YOUR POST...PLAY WITH THE POST. NO! Not THAT post! Sigh. You men!!!

Hope this helps you.
If there is an easier way....please let me know.

Unknown said...

It sounds as though you have received some great answers, so I have nothing to add. I will remain a faithful peep~
~AM

Coffeypot said...

Thanks for the answers so far. I was succinct enough. I am wanting to delete my icon from other peoples ‘Follower’ list. The one with the pictures on it. How do you delete or remove one from that list? I mean, you put it there, you should be able to take it off.

Anonymous said...

Are you saying you want to follow other blogs anonymously? You want to continue to follow, but you don't want people to see your icon in the follower list?
I am easily confused .... epsecially at this time of the morning ...

K-Dubyah said...

When you click on the "follow" option on another blog,it gives you two choices... follow publicly or follow anonymously. Click on the anonymously option, their blog posts will show up on your blogger home page under "blogs I follow". Those you follow publicly can be seen by others who click on your profile. Hope this helps ya... :P

Golden To Silver Val said...

Ok, I know what you want to do.

First of all, go up at the top of your blog and click on CUSTOMIZE, and when that page comes up, look at the same area up along the top and click on DASHBOARD.

Once you get into Dashboard, scroll down a little bit until you see "reading list" and then scroll down a little more and click on the blue button that says MANAGE.

You should now have a big list of all the blogs you're following. Go to the one you want to remove and click on SETTINGS for that one.

It will bring up a smaller window and look along the right side of the window about half way down and you will see a blue UNDERLINED statement "Stop following this Site". Click on that and you're good to go!

blueeyedtawni said...

stil following and reading :D
may not always comment but do enjoy a good chuckle out of your stories ^_^
hugs!

Tracie said...

Dang, I was late to this post. You know the strikethrough is my thang.

Olly said...

Don't sweat it about not being everyones' cup of (coffee) tea. You, and a few choice others that I follow are the reason I keep my blog going;-)