Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy Boss's Day




















Today, October 16, is National Boss’s Day.  Wouldn’t you know it, it falls on a Sunday.  Good luck in finding your boss.  However, when you do find him/her/it, here are a few quotes for the boss in your life.  If you are the boss, then enjoy them as a gift from me.   
 















And just ignore my repeated comments here that BOSS spelled backwards is Double S.O.B.  I’m sure you have some redeeming qualities.

By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day. - Robert Frost

One measure of leadership is the caliber of people who choose to follow you. - Dennis A. Peer

Nothing so conclusively proves a man's ability to lead others as what he does from day to day to lead himself. - Thomas J. Watson

Most people like hard work.  Particularly when they are paying for it. - Franklin P. Jones

The difference between a job and a career is the difference between forty and sixty hours a week. - Robert Frost

I've met a few people in my time who were enthusiastic about hard work.  And it was just my luck that all of them happened to be men I was working for at the time. - Bill Gold

The best leader is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it. - Theodore Roosevelt

Accomplishing the impossible only means that the boss will add it to your regular duties. - Doug Larson

Ability is what will get you to the top if the boss has no daughter. - Author Unknown

If a train station is where the train stops, what's a workstation? - Author Unknown

Monday is a lame way to spend 1/7 of your life. - Author Unknown

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.  If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats. - Howard Aiken

The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. For me, you are one such person. - Anonymous

You're everything I wish to be you mean all the world to me. I'm so glad we celebrate this day yearly because you're the greatest boss and I Love you dearly. Now that all of this butt-kissing is through you'll give me a raise if you know what's good for you. Anonymous

If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings." - Dave Barry, "Things That It Took Me 50 Years to Learn"

People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives.-Theodore Roosevelt

Show me a man who is a good loser and I'll show you a man who is playing golf with his boss.- Jim Murray

The person who knows ‘How’ will always have a job. The person who knows ‘Why’ will always be his boss.- Diane Ravitch

If you think your boss is stupid, remember: you wouldn't have a job if he was any smarter.- John Gotti

A good boss makes his men realize they have more ability than they think they have so that they consistently do better work than they thought they could. - Charles Erwin

Nothing so conclusively proves a man’s ability to lead others as what he does from day to day to lead himself.- Thomas J. Watson

No man goes before his time unless the boss leaves early.- Groucho Marx

Always laugh heartily at the jokes your boss tells, it may be a loyalty test. - Author Unknown

If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the next morning you will have a flat tire.- Cannon's Law

Being the boss anywhere is lonely. Being a female boss in a world of mostly men is especially so. - Robert Frost

The most challenging part of being a boss is that nobody will tell you if your work is suffering. - Bill Williams

By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day. - Robert Frost

I've always found that the speed of the boss is the speed of the team. - Lee Iacocca
Ability is what will get you to the top if the boss has no daughter. - Author Unknown

The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven't made up their minds. - Casey Stengel

He who hesitates in saying no to overtime is boss’s favorite. - Ankush Sharma

He isn't a real boss until he has trained subordinates to shoulder most of his responsibilities. - William Feather

The only time some people work like a horse is when the boss rides them. - Gabriel Heatter

I would be a billionaire if I was looking to be a selfish boss. That's not me. - Alfred North Whitehead

Nothing is as embarrassing as watching your boss do something you assured him couldn't be done. - Earl Wilson

There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else. - Sam Walton

The best time to start thinking about your retirement is before the boss does. -  Author Unknown

If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure. - Bill Gates
When the boss is a way, work becomes a holiday. - Portuguese Proverb

Remember the difference between a boss and a leader; a boss says 'Go!' - A leader says 'Let's go. - E. M. Kelly

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Accomplishing the impossible only means that the boss will add it to your regular duties. - Doug Larson"

Oh man, have I learned THAT one the hard way!

Janie Junebug said...

I am the boss; I am the employee. So I'm stuck with inspiring myself or maybe firing myself. If I fire myself, I wonder if I can get unemployment.

Love,
Lola

Jamie said...

So many of these are true...but funny. Hope this week is a great one, Coffey. Hugs, buddy. :)