Sunday, March 18, 2012

Vietnam Veterans Day
















Just to give you a heads up.  

On the left side you will see the patch that says ‘Wear The Red Fridays’.  That is to remind you to wear Red on Fridays to show your support of the sailors, airmen and the troops.  I wear the red every Friday.  But Saturday, the 31, I would like for you to wear ORANGE in support to the Vietnam Veterans. The Orange is in recognition of Agent Orange used as a defoliant but was also a killer of some very fine men.

You look good in orange, yes you do.  I’ll be wearing it, how ‘bout you?

Seriously, it is just a silent way to show that you appreciate them and what they had to endure, both on the battlefield and at home.

Thanks and Welcome Home!

8 comments:

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

For $5, I just bought an orange t-shirt at Walgreens. So there. Love me now??

Janie Junebug said...

I don't have anything orange, but I'll find orange, even if it's a thong.

Love,
Janie

Coffeypot said...

BM, I've always loved ya. But thanks for the effort.

Jamie, You must show pics to prove it. And that shouldn't be hard to do for a Democrat. I know the VNV would appreciate almost as much as I would, too.

Coffeypot said...

Sorry, Janie. My finger didn't quiet make it to the 'N',

Janie Junebug said...

Well, all righty then. I'll find something orange other than a thong. I don't want to traumatize anyone.

Love,
Janie

Momma Fargo said...

Um. If I wear orange on Friday the 31st it would mean I am sporting a jailbird outfit because I have to wear the blue of PoPo. Can I support them by wearing orange undergarments?

Coffeypot said...

MF, you saw Janie's first comment. If not visible, then photos of proof are needed.

Len Aldis said...

Yes, remember the day well, and also the many thousands of Vietnamese babies who died in their mother's womb due to being affected by Agent Orange.

Remember the 10th August 1961 when the spraying began over Southern Vietnam that went on for ten-years that has left a legacy of near four million Vietnamese suffering from Agent Orange, along with many American, Australian, New Zealand and Sth Korean Veterans.