Skippy Mom tagged me to do this meme, so here goes:
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes! John the Baptist and King David. Boy were those names misplaced.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? The last time I saw a John Holms movie. It just ain’t fair.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No! After an industrial accident broke a few bones in my right hand and, with the invention of Word on the computer thus reducing my need to put pin in hand, I can’t even read most of what I write.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT? Hamburger, hamburger and, oh yeah, hamburger!
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes! One of my own, two with Sweet Tea and I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two showed up at my door one day.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I don’t even like me now. So, NO! Though I would try harder to be liked if I was another person. I’ll give you a dollar if you will like me.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Are you shitting me? I thrive on it. That’s why no one likes me. Even for a dollar.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes!
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I don’t lay awake at night burning with desire to do it, but, yes, I think I would if the opportunity availed itself. That’s why I avoid bungee jump sites as much as possible.
10. YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL? Raisin Brand! All My Children! Deadwood! Cinnamon Swirls!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes! Well! If I am wearing loafers, only if they have that little tie thingy.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically, NO! Emotionally, YES! Smelly, SOMETIMES!
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM? Just plain old Vanilla! You can add some caramel topping and some nuts if you want too, please.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? If they are the pointing a gun at me!
15. RED OR PINK? Red!
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOU? Being old! Although it is infinitely better than the alternative.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Magnum, PI!
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? If they have nothing better to do, I would like to see their answers.
19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue jean shorts and black tennis shoes.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? An apple!
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The TV and the clicking of the keyboard.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE? Blue or an earth tone shade.
23. FAVOURITE SMELLS? Women! The lake while on the boat! The grandkids after their bath! Fresh baked bread! Fart bubbles in the bathtub! A freshly opened can of coffee or bottle of whisky!
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Sweet Tea!
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes, I do!
(No idea what happened to question 26 so I’ll make up one!)
26. What is your favorite TV show? Magnum, PI and DaVinci’s Inquest!
27. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? NASCAR and Topless Mud Wrestling!
28. HAIR COLOUR? Gray – what’s left of it.
29. EYE COLOUR? Hazel!
30. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Oh God NO! I can’t even take eye drops without two fat men sitting on my arms.
31. FAVOURITE FOOD? Hamburger!
32. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings!
33. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Bad News Bears does Debbie in Dallas! No! Wait! That’s a fantasy of mine. It would have to be Congo with the kiddies.
34. ARE YOU SUPERSTITIOUS? Not really!
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer or Winter what? They both have their place in my life.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs! Unless it is the kiddies, then BOTH.
37. FAVOURITE DESSERT? Hamburger! Oh! Sorry, that seem to be the most given answer. Dessert, huh? Apple Pie al a mode.
38. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I don’t know. I’m not sure anyone will even read this stuff.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Anyone who doesn’t read this stuff.
40. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? I have three going at the moment. Personal Memoirs by Ulysses S. Grant; Were Were Soldiers Once…And Young by Harold G. Moore and Joseph L. Galloway; The Husband by Dean Koontz. It all depends on where I am as to what I am reading – my chair in the den, a restaurant or the commode.
41. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Dirt and stains!
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Studio 60 on the Sun Set Strip. Sorry! I was reading and not watching much of it.
43. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SOUND? Forty-three NASCA engines going by at full throttle or a jet engine going overhead or my grandkids laugh, or a really hot and sexy woman saying YES (I have only heard three of the four, though.)
44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Maybe a rolling stone rolling over a beatle. I never like either group.
45. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Japan and Hong Kong. The question ask for the “furthest” and I don’t know if you mean feet, yards or miles. I would have to say it would be something like 20’ to the 150 something power. Just use the place names. It is easier.
46. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Nothing with the lights on.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Atlanta – Crawford Long Hospital!
48. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GET BACK? Heidi, CCW, Biddie, KLee and anyone else who wants to do it.
49. ARE YOU MARRIED? Yes
50. IF MARRIED...AND YOU WERE WIDOWED WOULD YOU EVER CONSIDER REMARRIAGE? If she is a zillionaire and can suck a golf ball through a 50’ water hose, maybe. But before a woman would go out with me I would have to feed her seeing-eye dog, too. So, probably not!
An exceptional mosaic depicting scenes from the clash between Achilles and Hector at the end of the Trojan War has been unearthed at Rutland in the East Midlands. It is one of only a handful of mosaics with this motif known to survive . - The presence of the mosaic was first discovered last year by Jim Irvine on a family walk on his father’s land. He saw some Roman pottery fragments in ...
19 minutes ago