Sunday, March 21, 2010

Let Me Tell You... and I'm On The Road Again


“Let me tell you about this idiot who called me yesterday. Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive double-pane energy efficient kind, ya know, and yesterday I get this call from the contractor who installed them.

He was complaining that the work had been completed a whole year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.

Hellloooo,........... just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast talking sales guy had told me last year, that in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves! Helllooooo? It's been a year! I told him.

There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally just hung up.

He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.”


That’s it for today, peeps. I have to make a special run to NY with another load of dogs moving into forever homes. This will be the third trip this month. My second and another couple took a load up this past Thursday.

I’ll check in when I can. Maybe Monday night. Caio!

14 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Good one!Have a safe trip.

Monkey Man said...

Funny. Being new to your blog, I'm gonna have to take a closer look at who you are...trip to give dogs a forever home? More info please.

Anonymous said...

That is a good story of the windows paying for themselves.

Jamie said...

Coffey...you crack me up.

Just sayin'

:)

Golden To Silver Val said...

As always.....travel safe and God Bless you for your missions. You're quite the guy!

anon said...

I'll just bet he DOES feel like an idiot right now.

Unpaid invoice, phhtt, silly bugger.

Kimberly said...

LOL.. I wouldn't blame it on being blonde, perhaps the dude who told you they'd pay for themselves is the one at fault...

I wonder how that would hold up in court... :)

Tgoette said...

Oh that was a good one, Coffey! Thanks for the laugh! Have a safe trip out there!

Tracie said...

Safe travels to you!

Miss Em said...

Bet you didn't get what the saleperson told you in writting so you can wave it under the contractors nose while standing in court...Did You?

snicker...smirk...snicker

Safe trip and keep the tires on the down side

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Anonymous said...

Stupid window guys ;0)

Julie D said...

Hilarious.

Getting caught up on my blog reading....Happy Monday!

Pamela said...

hope the doggies all get good homes - with all their windows paid for.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Julie and just wanted to say that a friend of mine just got a dog from down south (we live in NY). She met the transporter in Connecticut though. This dog is wonderful and they are so happy!! Thanks for all you do to help these dogs get good homes!!
and BTW, your blog is hysterical!!

Jill from NY