Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy 4th of July

















 
Happy 4th, y’all!  And God Bless America!  Also bless our troops and sailors who are serving to keep us safe and free regardless of Obama.

















Picture made last year.
Bug is as tall as Mater now and Mater is almost as tall as me - and learning to drive.


We are just chilling in the air conditioning today.  Yesterday the grand kids and I went to the marina to clean and get the boat ready for today.  After an hour cleaning and cranking her up for the first time this year, we were hot and sweaty.  So we thought it best to take her for a spin around the lake to blow out the carburetor, get a tank of fresh gas and cool off in the breeze.

As it happened, we weren’t cooling off fast enough, so I stopped in the middle of the lake and we all took a swim.  They had on their bathing suits, but I had on my shorts.  But it was hot!!! So I stripped down to my boxer-briefs and dove in, too.  As it turned out, not one person on the lake noticed.  And if they did, who cares.  I was cooled off.

But we also didn’t come prepared with sunscreen or lotions, so today we are all a little on the crispy side and in that slump that too much sun causes.  All the energy is zapped out, so a day of lounging in the cool is more like it.

The good news is, the boat is read for this summer. The bad news is, it won’t get used today.  But the pool across the street may be utilized later this evening.  Mater, my grandson, seems to like all the young bathing suits over there.  The young bating suit’s moms look pretty good, too.  Yep, the pool it is.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Go forth and ogle!

Coffeypot said...

Suz, I ogle so much one would think I have a thyroid condition.

Momma Fargo said...

LOL. How much fun is that? Whodathunk you are still hanging on to your younger skinny dipping days....sort of. Love the fun with the kiddos! Happy Fourth!

Coffeypot said...

MF, I don't mind skinny dipping on the lake, but not with the grand kids around.

Coffeypot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.