Sunday, July 08, 2012

An Embarrassing Moment
























Janie Junebug posted about embarrassing moments. I know you will find this hard to believe, Peeps, but I’ve had few. Way too many moments to list here. To do that I would have to start a new blog with a title like “Overflows From The Coffeypot.” However, I can’t keep up with this one, much less take on a new blog.

So I’ll tell you about one I had back in the day.

I was home on leave from the Navy and met this girl. We spent a great deal of time together the whole two weeks I was home.

The night before I was to return to CA, we had been out and I walked her up to the door. We were doing the kissing thing and I was telling her I would write her and all that stuff.

I would say things like, “Mary, I will miss you something bad.”

“It has been an amazing two weeks, Mary.”

“Why are your crying, Mary? I’ll be back next year and will write you every day.”

She looked up at me with huge tears running down her face and said, “My name is JoAnne.”

I just said, “Damn! Sorry! I’ll still write, but you can answer if you want too.”

She never did.

I would love to see her again and give her more of an apologetic response. But I don’t remember her last name. Maybe she has forgiven me after all these years.

Or maybe not!

What embarrassing moment would you share? Yeah! I don’t blame you.

10 comments:

Leta said...

Tom,

You DID NOT do that? Mercy.

Mud Puppy said...

Priceless...

lotta joy said...

The Chief positioned his desk directly across from the restroom so he could time me.

I was in a hurry and when I left the restroom, I tried to walk calmly into the hall and into the engine room.

When I felt a rush of air, I thought "That feels SO good." Then I remembered I wasn't in my slacks. I'd worn a skirt.

And while rushing in the bathroom, I had shoved my skirt into the top of my pantyhose and wasn't wearing anything more.

ANOTHER reason I hate that man.

Janie Junebug said...

Now that's a boss from hell. Timing you while you're taking a piss? Good night nurse.

Love,
Janie

P.S. Coffey and lotta joy's embarrassing moments are on my blog, along with some other comments and my story about my exposed boob. All y'all come see me now. Y'hear?

Coffeypot said...

Leta, I got ya Tom right here.

MP, that is a compliment coming from you. Thank you, sir.

LJ, That is why I never wear pantyhose. That and every time I fart it make my ankles look swollen.

JJ, come by and advertise anytime. And I am still waiting for a picture of your bodacious boobs.

CI-Roller Dude said...

Got the name wrong... it wasn't met to be.

myevil3yearold said...

I say it was a sucesss. She didn't slap you.

Symdaddy said...

We all have a Mary in our pasts ... it would have been worst of you'd used your dog's name or something.

"I'll write to you every day Spot! I promise!"

Not So Simply Single said...

Nope, not spilling.

Momma Fargo said...

Ha! I love it. The pic is nice, too.