Monday, August 13, 2012

Ole & Lena




















Ole & Lena lived by a lake in Nordern Minnesota. It vas early viner and da lake had froze over.

Ole asked Lena if she vould valk across da frozen lake to da yeneral store to get him some smokes. She asked him for some money, but he told her, “Nah, yust put it on our tab.”

So Lena valked across, got the smokes at da yeneral store, den walked back home across the lake. Ven she got home and gave Ole his smokes, she asked him, “Ole, you alvays tell me not to run up da tab at da yeneral store. Why didn’t you yust give me some money?”

Ole replied, “Vell, I didn’t vant to send you out dere vit some money ven I vasn’t sure how tick the ice vas yet.”

Boy, dat Ole is a tinker all right.



1 comment:

Janie Junebug said...

That's a photo of my great-grandparents. I heard that Great-Grandma died, but I didn't know how it came about.

Love,
Janie