Thursday, December 06, 2012

Spam Comments










I think I know what I’m doing…I know, famous last words.

Some lowlife son-of-a-bitch started posting spam, useless comments after each of my post.  Sometimes just one long comment, but mostly two or more.  And I have to go through and delete them.

I guess I could just ignore them, but they become a pain for the readers and those who want to comment.  And that in itself is another concern since very few of you comment anymore.  Hell, I don’t even know if any of my old regulars are still stopping by and reading my stuff.  I hope so, but, well, there are some very good, talented bloggers out there that are great reads and there is only so much time allotted to reading and commenting, so I do understand. 

Anyproblem, I changed my comment setting in Blogger from ‘anyone’ to ‘registered users’.  I don’t know what that means.  Will only those registered in Blogger be able to read and comment or will others from other sources be able to read and comment?  I do think the Anonymous commenters will be blocked.  I hope so, anyway.

I could activate the word verification option, but that is as annoying as the long spam comments.  And I had rather jack-off with a fist full of sandpaper than ask Blogger for help.  They are hard to communicate with and as useless as Obama in office.

So, my able, smart, intelligent, savvy Peeps, what say you?

Thanks in advance.

And if you are a spammer…FUCK YOU!


17 comments:

NavyOne said...

I get those too. I think you will find making your guests register may eliminate your problem.

lorraine said...

So far so good. No spam and I was able to comment.

Coffeypot said...

N1, don't want to do that if I can help it. I like simple and easy.

Lorraine, keep your fingers crossed. I am.

Paxford said...

Hugs! I think I have the same guy targeting my blog too

So I have changed my posting choices to "one day after post goes live all comments must be confirmed by author"

So far it seems to be working - the spammers stuff is deleted directly by myself and not seen by my readers.

Pax

Anonymous said...

I am still here and I am still reading. Let me know if it works.

Kristy said...

Still here and reading I filter the spam into the spam box now.

chief torpedoman said...

Still here.

David said...

Turning on moderation is probably the least intrusive method. Nobody sees the post but you until you approve it, and any other comment from that particular user.

Unknown said...

Hello? Can you hear me?

Seems you can.

I still read, I have been one of the silent ones lately. Lots going on.

Love you, big guy.

Coffeypot said...

Thanks, guys and gals. This small change I made seems to have worked. No sam yet. Thanks for letting me know you can still get here.

Janie Junebug said...

Comment moderation solved the problem I was having -- after I took my blog private for a while so the bitch got bored and moved onto something else.

Love,
Janie

Venom said...

I have so much troublre with blogger - I can hardly ever post and often am unable to comment for one reason or another. Sometimes it's just due to my long load time (dial up modem), but I'm always here, even if I'm just lurking for a while. ;-)

Venom said...

I have so much troublre with blogger - I can hardly ever post and often am unable to comment for one reason or another. Sometimes it's just due to my long load time (dial up modem), but I'm always here, even if I'm just lurking for a while. ;-)

CI-Roller Dude said...

CP, a few years ago I had some useless asshole leave about 150 comments on my blog. So I had to set up the annoying system to stop retards from doing what they do--being retards.
If somebody is really that retarded, they should go get a job.

J-Tony said...

I've been getting some unusual spam on my posts lately too. That is when I post anymore. Also, guilty as charged, regular reader here that has slacked lately. I know that doesn't really answer your question.

suezoos1 said...

Still here, just not commenting often, but I'm not going anywhere..
Merry Christmas!!

blueeyedtawni said...

still here :)