LL – I agree on all but a relative owning a bar or pub. I did, however, have to uncles who made some mighty good white lightning. Safe, too. No radiators or such. They made their own stills and filers from lean metals. In fact, my first road trip, when I got my driver’s license was to take my brother’s car with a trunk full of the nectar of the gods to Chattanooga, TN – before I-75 was built down to Atlanta. I got paid $50 for my round trip and a royal ass chewing from my dad.
WSF- Any holiday that requires heavy drinking is one I celebrate in my recliner at home. Too many newbies and accomplished imbibers on the road to suit me.
I'll drag out my bottle of whiskey and drink a toast to you today..my friend.. right after I help "BB" celebrate his birthday....that is if there's any thing left in the bottle.
Summer Fading
-
On some years, we receive a strong cold front, which whisks away Summer,
and leads to a morning where there is no doubt the crip, strong north wind
heral...
On the back side of life
-
Things get harder. A lot harder. Or maybe for some folks life gets
easier. Not everyone has an easy childhood or early adulthood. My
childhood wasn't f...
-
**(Virginia is a ghost in my head. A character that wants her story told.
She been plaguing me for close to two years now, and though it's still a
work in ...
5 comments:
Oh yes. On all counts!
LL – I agree on all but a relative owning a bar or pub. I did, however, have to uncles who made some mighty good white lightning. Safe, too. No radiators or such. They made their own stills and filers from lean metals. In fact, my first road trip, when I got my driver’s license was to take my brother’s car with a trunk full of the nectar of the gods to Chattanooga, TN – before I-75 was built down to Atlanta. I got paid $50 for my round trip and a royal ass chewing from my dad.
St Patrick Day is for amateurs.
WSF- Any holiday that requires heavy drinking is one I celebrate in my recliner at home. Too many newbies and accomplished imbibers on the road to suit me.
I'll drag out my bottle of whiskey and drink a toast to you today..my friend.. right after I help "BB" celebrate his birthday....that is if there's any thing left in the bottle.
Post a Comment