Thursday, June 24, 2010

Smart Ass Women and My Thunkin's


With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies.

So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy.

Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think, good grief, look how smart I am!

Must be where 'Smart Ass' came from!

Also, it is time for another transport trip to NY. I have not had a full weekend home in almost two months. It’s okay, though. I like being on the road with my audio books and the stars at night and the scenery during the day.

I was thinking on my last trip (I don’t that sometimes, but I have to time it so that when I get through thinking, there’s a motel close by so I can rest) that I really enjoy my life now.

I get to see some very pretty and/or interesting things. Meritor showers a couple of times a year. I cross great rivers that I read about in history books, see cities and towns that are famous, and make-believe places like the Catskills of Rip Van Winkle fame. The Yadkin Gap of NC and VA, the home area of Daniel Boon and Davy Crockett.

I have flights of imagination about the Civil War while riding through the Shenandoah Valley of VA, the Revolutionary Battle site of Cowpens, SC.

I get to see the Amish farmers in their horse drawn buggies. The Northern Rivers frozen over or with ice flows and awesome snow in the winter and the ever so green of upper NY in the summer.

And the traffic experiences are a whole world in itself. The Semi’s, the idiots, the cops, the wildlife. GA’s state animal is a dead opossum on the side of the road, AL to TX is a dead armadillos, but VA is deer. I see at least two on every trip and have had to swerve (at 80 mph) to avoid them in the middle of I-81 at two in the morning. The run the median along side the cars and trucks, too.

Anytravel, it’s really a great life being a transport driver, plus I help some cool dogs find some forever-homes, too.

So, the fatigue aside, I enjoy my trips. I’m a pretty lucky guy.

See y’all Friday night or Saturday.

TTFN

13 comments:

rachaelgking said...

"Must be where 'Smart Ass' came from!"

Ha!

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip

So when people tell me I am a smart ass they are telling me I have a big ass...I thought it was because I am a bitch...LOL!

Coffee Slut said...

Have a safe trip!

Paxford said...

Travel safe :)

Pax

Stacy said...

Only 2 dead deer per trip in VA? John you need to come over to PA...on a good day we can probably have 2 every mile for you!

June said...

I just knew my ass was getting smarter!

We have lots of dead critters in these here parts... squirrel, deer, birds, raccoons even possum. It's a buffet of road kill.

Travel Safe!

Wrexie said...

I need a javelina/coyote detector for my dash.

Have a good trip...enjoy the scenery and the stars :)

Tracie said...

Safe travels! (I listen to audio books when traveling, too.)

Miss Em said...

Safe Journey.

Miss Em.

Biddie said...

How blessed you are to love your life :)
Judging by the size of my ass, I must be a genius!

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip and look forward to the stories that will come from it.

Anonymous said...

I must be one very smart girl!!

Matty said...

Wait until I tell this joke to a few women I know. On better thought, maybe I shouldn't.

Safe travels.