Thursday, June 24, 2010

Old Cowboy's Secret to A Long Life

.

A TOUGH OLD COWBOY FROM SOUTH TEXAS COUNSELED HIS GRANDSON THAT IF HE WANTED TO LIVE A LONG LIFE, THE SECRET WAS TO SPRINKLE A PINCH OF GUN POWDER ON HIS OATMEAL EVERY MORNING.

THE GRANDSON DID THIS RELIGIOUSLY TO THE AGE OF 103 WHEN HE DIED.

HE LEFT BEHIND 14 CHILDREN; 30 GRANDCHILDREN; 45 GREAT-GRANDCHILDREN; AND 25
GREAT-GREAT-GRANDCHILDREN.

HE ALSO LEFT A 15-FOOT CRATER WHERE THE CREMATORIUM USED TO BE.

Sorta brings a tear to your eye, don’t it?
.
.

9 comments:

Ed said...

At least he went out with a BANG!

Alexandra said...

Ha! Reminds me of the overweight people that burst into flames from the grease and fat.

Anonymous said...

I guess you can say his life was very explosive. That was funny.

glnroz said...

Dang, glad i read yhour comment on Val's Gold to Silver. Oh,, i "borrowed" your BP U-toob video..lol You are invite to visit my blog "no hope without truth in government",, aint as funny as yours. I will work on it.. lol... glnroz.blogspot.com,, and glnroz33.blogspot.com.. thnkx

Lickety Splitter said...

Sweet Jesus, he saved a lot of other people from being burned dead. That may come in handy when the dead are raised.

Yankee Girl said...

Embarrassing admition: I didn't get the joke til I read the comments! Now I think it's funny!

Liz Mays said...

I was going to make a joke, but they've all been done!

Stacy said...

I don't know about a tear...but the pic of Sam Elliot puts a grin on my face.

Matty said...

I can only imagine his farts.